Dental Implants in Missouri City TX
Dental Implants in Missouri City TX, can be a daunting thing to do. Among so many available dental clinics that offer some Dental Implants in Missouri City TX, choosing the right place can be a troublesome experience. Worry not. We are here to assure you that your teeth will be taken good care of in our dental clinic. We are known for our patient satisfaction oriented attitude caring for the needs of our patients who come to us to getting the Dental implants in Missouri City.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are a relatively new dental procedure to treat damaged or decayed teeth. Earlier, when a patient had tooth decay or gingivitis, also known as gum disease, the dentist would treat it with dentures and dental crowns which aren’t a perfect solution. In these two procedures, the patient is given a crowning which isn’t glued but simply docked into place and can come out easily making it prone to getting lost or mishandled. Dental Implants are a more permanent solution.
In a dental implant procedure, the dentist replaces the roots of a tooth with a strong material made a foundation that is designed to fit into a place of the roots and the bone of the jaw. A dental implanted tooth feels just like a natural tooth without any discomfort. This provides a more permanent solution for decayed teeth that needs to be replaced with surgical teeth.
Benefits of Getting Dental Implants:
- Better comfort: Designed to fit perfectly with the jaw and around the nearby teeth, dental implants provide more comfort than crowns and dentures. Your mouth won’t feel that there is anything alien or unnatural in your mouth.
- Improved Appearance: The root of the tooth which is the only part that isn’t natural and stays inside the jaw, the overall appearance of the implanted tooth is not differentiable with the surrounding teeth. Your teeth will look as natural as they can be.
- Better Eating: It is difficult and full of discomfort when you have a denture or dental crown that keeps sliding every time you chew your food. You even dread that if you eat something sticky like a gum, it may come out and you’d have to bear the sensation of having tried to chew a stone. But since implants do not come out nor do they move or slide or get loosened, you can expect to have zero discomforts when it comes to eating freely.
- Improved speech: Getting dentures and crowns add significant discomfort to the mouth because most often, they don’t fit perfectly in the contours they are meant to fit. This results in your speech getting affected making it sound slightly slurry and wet at times.
- Durable Alternative: Dentures and crowns aren’t permanent and are prone to get lost because of the removable factor they have. Consequently, you might need to get your crown made a couple of times over the years. Implants are permanent and last for years in one go.
- Convenience: Having a permanently fitted tooth that fits in its place without moving or being loose that also eliminates the requirement of any type of adhesive use or anything else requiring extra care; dental implants are hassle free once done.
- Raised self-esteem: An implant, since it is made to function and look like your real teeth, will raise your self-esteem every time you look at yourself in the mirror especially after having seen that decayed and unappealing tooth for a while that used to be in the implant’s place.
Can Everyone Get Dental Implants?
There are some restrictions on who can get dental implants. Factors such as bone structure, smoking habits, chewing tobacco habits and illnesses such as diabetes and heart diseases are to be considered on an individual basis when opting for dental implants. Implants also require regular oral hygiene and good oral care. Although, almost everyone is considered healthy enough to get implants successfully.
The Procedure to Getting Dental Implants in Missouri City TX:
The Dental Implants in Missouri City TX is well equipped to do successful implant surgery. Getting dental implants are a more individual-oriented dental procedure where the dentist develops a dental treatment plan according to the patient. A team of experienced and well-trained dentists usually work together to carry out the procedure.
First, the tooth where the implant is to be done is removed completely. The socket is made fit to receive an implant and when it becomes ready; a titanium-made root implant is inserted in the socket and then allowed to heal. During the healing process, the jaw bone develops around the titanium implant making the substituted metal made tooth roots permanent addition to the jaw. It takes usually weeks for it to occur.
After the implant is set as a part of the jawbone, an abutment is attached to the top of the implant over which that crown or the artificial tooth will be attached. The crown is made in such a way that it blends in perfectly with the nearby teeth. The color of the teeth, markings, contours, shape and size are all worked upon to make it look as natural as possible.
After the crown or the artificial tooth is attached to the abutment, the implanted tooth becomes so natural that it becomes in differentiable when compared to the surrounding teeth.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
No. The entire procedure to get implants is done under anesthesia so there is no pain in the entire process. Even after getting the implant, there won’t be any discomfort so long as the implant isn’t damaged which if happens, requires an urgent dental check up.
What after Getting the Implant?
Since implants are made to act like your own natural teeth and are very much, in fact, like your teeth; they require the regular normal oral care. Brushing, flossing, mouthwash usage and regular dental checkups are recommended and will keep your implanted tooth as well as your other teeth hygienic and healthy. It’s better to avoid a dental surgery in the first place as suggested by every dentist at this clinic that provides a Dental implant in Missouri City TX. Dental Implants in Missouri City TX would be lot easier with them.