Cosmetic dentistry is different from the traditional dentistry in many ways. Cosmetic dentistry as the name is all about the appearance of a person’s teeth and mouth especially the smile. While traditional dentistry is about hygiene as well diagnosing and treating oral diseases, cosmetic dentistry is more about restorative treatments. There are several cosmetic dentistry procedures for several kinds of Cosmetic dentistry treatments. The cosmetic dentistry includes the dental filling procedure which is actually very common. The main reason for dental filling is the decay of a tooth. Dental filling itself has come a long way and now new and improved treatments are available. The filing is either porcelain or composite material. You have the option of selecting the color so that matches that of your existing teeth. In the past the dental filling comprised of either gold, amalgam etc.
Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
- Inlays/Onlays: This treatment is often referred to as indirect filling.The inlays and onlays are prepared with porcelain or composite material and thus are quite durable. This helps prevent further tooth decay or structural damage. These inlays and onlays are actually created in a laboratory and then brought to the dental clinic to be fitted. They are fitted with the help of adhesive and bonded into place. This is very different from the dental fillings that are moulded into place.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is one treatment you might want to remember if in case you have had got into a fight resulting in broken teeth. In general either of chipped teeth, broken teeth or even discoloured or decayed teeth can be fixed via the procedure called composite bonding.
- Teeth whitening: The teeth are often stained from drinking too much tea, coffee, wine or several other food products.Hence teeth whitening is one of the most common procedures since it can improve your appearance and smile.
- Dental Implants: Dental Implants are teeth replacements. Hence if you have a tooth missing it can be replaced via an artificial one. A missing tooth looks bad, any way you look at it. It sends a bad impression no matter what your age. Hence this is a quick and easy procedure that can help restore your original look.
- Dental Veneers: This is another procedure that can help repair chips and cracks in the teeth. The options are to use composite or porcelain laminates which can be bonded to the surface of the tooth. This can correct all minor issues are often covered by your dental insurance.
- Smile Makeover: The dentist will first assess your smile and prepare list of requirements to improve the aesthetics which in turn will improve the overall appearance.
How Designer Smiles Dentistry helps you:
Designer Smiles Dentistry too offers a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures and treatments. At Designer Smiles Dentistry, Dentist in Missouri City TX, is where all the dental procedures take place. Dr. Stephen knows that is it difficult to find a dentist who really cares and that you can trust. Her mission is to help you heal your symptoms and take control of your oral health for a longer, healthier life. Designer Smiles Dentistry is the right place for you for your dental requirements. This is one place that will you want to leave the minute you enter. In the sense doesn’t have the traditional dull environment of a dentist’s clinic.